Monday, October 02, 2006

My Headboard






I never realized that I could take a piece of furniture for granted. When I redid my bedroom after my ex-wife moved out, I had to use some borrowed furniture to fill the space. Although the chest and dresser were not quite my style, the are good quality  pieces of furniture. I decided to make the best of it, hoping that I could make the retro look work. One of the drawbacks of this arrangement was that there was not a matching headboard.
 
Given that the furniture was made probably 30 years ago, there was little hope of me ever finding a matching headboard. Fortunately for me, my Dad has the convenient hobby of woodworking. So Dad went to work and came up with a headboard that does a great job of matching the original furniture.
 
Sleeping without a headboard was a pain in the but. Pillows were constantly falling down behind the bed and I constantly wondered if I was going to muck up the freshly painted walls behind my head. Besides these practical aspects, not having a headboard made me feel like I was back in college. There is something about not having a headboard that makes you feel like you aren't a grown-up. Now, thanks to my Dad, the problem is solved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home