Sunday, September 17, 2006

Birds on a Wire


I was driving home today after participating in a focus group. As I was stopped at a traffic light, I looked over at the side of the road at a flock of birds sitting on some electrical wires. Although I didn't take this picture, it did look somewhat similar to this.
 
I began to wonder why most of the birds stayed in close proximity with a few smaller groups scattered along the lines. What was really more curious is the bird that is sitting by himself, perhaps even on a different line altogether.
 
Is this bird being ostracized by the other birds? Is he suffering from avian fear of crowds? Does he smell bad and is in need of a bird bath? Is he just a socially inept bird nerd?  Or maybe he is just an individual deciding that he doesn't have to be just another member of the flock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home