Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Well, I've Never!

When I talk to my cowrkers about things, I find that I have often piped in "I've never..." and finish the sentence with something like been to Europe, ridden on a motorcycle, gone bungee jumping, gone clubbing, driven a Porsche, etc. Sometimes, this bothers me and sometimes it doesn't.
 
Personally, I don't see the appeal of jumping off of a bridge while hanging onto a rubber band or the appeal of jumping out of a perfectly good airpline with a bedsheet strapped to my back. I honestly feel that my life will be complete if I never do these things.
 
I have never made a to-do list of things that I want to accomplish before I do. I don't know if people really do that. The idea of putting a value on my life based on some check list of activities bothers me. I really don't want the success of my life to be based on a series of trivial accomplishments.
 
Still, I don't want to look back on my life and feel like I have missed out. I would like to travel to exotic places, drive an expensive car at least for a day, or even eat Thai food. I just don't want this things to be defining factors of my life.
 
Someday, when I do these things I think that I will enjoy them even more because I know that whether or not I have done them, my life will still be complete.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home