Monday, October 02, 2006

Malevolent Red Eyes

There is a monster in my bedroom with malevolent red eyes. Like Grendel, it has crept into my sanctuary at night. It taunts me and mocks me so that I can not sleep. In the darkened room, I can see it staring at me. In time, it will begin screaming at me. Its ever changing gaze is a set of evil slashes against the blackened backdrop. I can read the meaning of its gaze. Those eyes are saying 11:38. It is my alarm clock.
 
I can not sleep, hence I am on the computer. All I can do is stare at the ceiling wondering when blissful sleep is going to come. Even the dog is asleep. Ah to sleep the innocent sleep of children and dogs. I should be falling asleep. There is a cool breeze coming through the window and the background white noise of a thunderstorm. Normally, this would be conducive conditions for sleep. I find that as long as they are not dawn of time thunderstorms, they put me to sleep. For whatever reason tonight, the rain is annoying me. It doesn't help that it has be unrelenting since about 7:00 this evening.
 
To make matters worse, I find that I have Shakira in my head singing over and over again how her hips are a very truthful body part. Man, I need some sleep and maybe a new alarm clock. One with green eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home